Thursday, July 28, 2011

Getting a Large White Board on the Cheap

I know it is not even August yet, and even though I won't be finding myself in a classroom of my own this fall, I can't help but begin to think about Classroom organization and setup.  It's like the migration of the robin every fall... I can't help it!

I loved using white boards in my classroom when I was teaching.  I found they were cleaner than using a chalkboard, and liked being able to use markers of several different colours. 

But I also remember how crazy-expensive large white boards can be.  It was difficult to find the budget for them.  Had I known that I could have made a white board for a fraction of the cost, I would have done it in a heartbeat... even though I am not overly handy!

I haven't tried it myself, but it looks quite easy and straight-forward.  According to this website a large board can be made for under $20.  That would likely retail anywhere from $150 to $200 easily.

Here's the link:
How To Make a Wall-sized White Board for Cheap

No comments:

Post a Comment